Rava Uttapam Recipe
Uttapam is a popular South Indian dosa-like dish that is made by cooking ingredients in a batter. The batter is made of a 1:3 ratio of urad dal and fermented rice (1:1 ratio of boiled to non-boiled rice). Instead of preparing it like a crispy crepe, uttapam is thick and not filled, with ingredients cooked right into the batter. Uttapam is traditionally made with tomatoes or an onion-chili mix. Sometimes it also made using rava. Here is an easy recipe to help you learn how to make Rava uttapam.
Ingredients for making Rava Uttapam:
- 2 cup semolina (sooji)
- 1 cup sour curd (khatta dahi)
- 1 tsp salt (namak)
- ½ tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
- 3 onion (pyaj)
- 2 tomato (tamatar)
- 1 piece ginger (adrak)
- 2 green chilly (hari mirch)
- oil for cooking
- 1 tsp coriander leaves (dhania patti)
How to make Rava Uttapam:
- First of all mix dahi, namak and sooji with 1/2 cup water.
- Then cover it and leave for 2 hours.
- On the other side finely chop adrak, pyaj, hari mirch, tomato and dhania.
- Then mix lal mirch in batter. If you do not want to add lal mirch leave it.
- Now heat a non stick pan/tawa and spread 1 tbsp batter on it.
- Then cook at low flame and grease it on the corners and turn it to cook the other side.
- Finally serve it hot.
- If the batter sticks on a tawa, add little salt to the oil and grease the corners so that uttapam will not stick on tawa.
- Cook it at low flame to make it tastier.
- Dal Nawabi Daal Nawabi is a combination three types of daal (usually...
- Rava Idli Recipe Rava Idli or Rave Idli is a variation of the popular South Indian dish/breakfast...
- Rava Dosa Recipe Rava dosa is a pancake popular in South India. It is, in...
- Paneer Dosa Recipe Paneer Dosa is yet another form of the traditional India...
- Stuffed Idli Recipe Stuffed Idli is a form of the traditional South Indian...
- Upma Recipe Upma is a popular South Indian breakfast dish. Upma is...
- Paneer Pasanda Recipe Paneer Pasanda is a type of paneer recipe that is...
- Onion Dosa Recipe Onion Dosa is a form of the popular South Indian...
- Uttapam Recipe Uttapam is a very popular dish in South India. It is a...
- Mixed Vegetable Cutlet Recipe Cutlet is the popular snack made on the tawa. It...
Share This Article
Sign up Free Email NewsletterStay Updates with this Blog. Get Free email newsletter updates, Enter your Email here:
Don't forget to confirm your email subcription